Day in the life of laura’s crafting 

As a sophomore in high school. Classes and homework can stress a lot of people out if they actually care about doing well in school. Everybody needs a hobby to keep them sane when going through this crazy era of school. Of course there are other things that can help you be entertained throughout the day. Origami keeps me occupied when it comes to free time. 

My Favorite is Origami  

I personally find making crafts and creating things extremely calming. Having something to fiddle with is fun. Especially for people who have anxiety or are always nervous. One of the easiest crafts that I create is origami! For a lot of people Origami is the hardest because people tend to give up very easily and you have to fold the material really specific so that the design can hold up for longer and not collapse. It becomes fun when you take time to perfect your origami. It’s not going to be fun if you give up on it and not continue to try on it. 

Materials You Need

The best type of material for making origami or other things are expensive. But I don’t mind buying some of them because I know it will help me mentally. Most of the paper is specific like origami paper. Cardstock is key to keeping your creations in good shape. Usually when you are creating something you can use old scrap paper depending on what you are trying to make. Not every thing you make has to be made out of new materials unless you are able to afford that. Some alternatives to origami are just other easier crafts like making dream catcher, paper box, cubes, and whatever else you find easier to make.

Feelings of Accomplishment

Seeing figures that are finished sitting on top of my dresser is great. I feel accomplished and they remind me of my goals. To make them you can look up anything diy on YouTube. Having clean creases and cuts make your finished product look professional. It takes time to get a clean crease and cuts. I learned on my own. I got into making origami and other things in the 3rd grade because I would look at my art teachers stuff. He would make these figures that would take days and weeks. He inspired me to achieve things even if it takes days, weeks, months, or years.

.