What songs are on your playlist? Is it Mac Miller or Tupac? Or even Lil Peep? Maybe even Selena Quintanilla. Or probably people that are still alive. Who knows. Your playlist and my playlist can be totally different. Some fans may like oldies. Or even rap. Music is much more diverse now than before. Every artist had at least one album that is still up there. According to Kemet High, “Each fallen soldier has at least one album, whether it be solo or collaborative, mixtape or EP that speaks to the legacy that they worked towards while living.”

Mac Miller

Let’s start with our one and only Mac Miller. Mac Miller was and still is one of our generation’s most adored hip-hop artists. Don’t get me wrong, Mac may be up there, but others pass him too. Now time to ask the question everyone is wondering. His best album? Well, “Swimming” was up there for a while. Now on many occasions, when asked, people may still say “Swimming.” But many beloved fans now are saying it’s “Circles.” “Circles” was one of his hit albums. Now his best song. Hands down, “Good News.” “Good News” was released after Miller’s death. Now imagine how the fans with after it. It gives a feeling of being stuck. Not able to do anything when people around you want something from you. Many teens relate to this, mainly in this generation.

Selena Quintanilla

Next in line is Selena Quintanilla. Selena is the queen of Tejano and most definitely eats every time with her songs and lyrics. Or, as Olivia would say, “SLAY.” She changed the music industry in Hispanic music. Her best album is and will forever be “Amor Prohibido.” This album came out right before she passed. This album held favorites like “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” and “No Me Queda Mas.” Also, the undisputed Selena classic “Como La Flor.” It was her first hit song and is still up there.

Tupac

Tupac. Tupac’s death had to sink in for a minute. It really shocked the music world when he passed. Now, his best album was “All Eyez on Me.” “All Eyez on Me” is a famous classic. Tupac really outdid himself with this one. His best song is “California Love.” “California Love” was also in his album, “All Eyez on Me.” Now, his first hit song was “I Get Around.” “I Get Around” peaked at No. 11 in 1993.

Nipsey Hussle

This artist is one I haven’t named but should be in this article. Nipsey Hussle. Nipsey’s first known single was “Hussle in the House.” His best album is “Victory Lap.” He really did move the music industry with his death. “Victory Lap” was the only studio album. The project spanned 16 tracks, including two bonus cuts, and featured appearances by Kendrick Lamar, Diddy, YG, The-Dream, Cee-Lo Green, and more. His best song is “Grinding All My Life.” Nipsey uses real-life situations for his hit song, “Grinding All My Life.”

USA Today says, “From the stars who lived troubled lives to the young greats who left us before their time, revisit many of the musician deaths that hit fans the hardest over the years.” Really many artists that have passed still have their hit songs out there and still are loved by many fans. Many fans also go and visit their favorite artist that has passed and leaves flowers. Many other artists have passed and made many hits. These are just some that I listen to and have heard of.